It's not the end of the year yet, but I'm unlikely to think about this later, so here it is. I am already planning to "seize the day" for the whole of 2012 (much like I did this time last year) but (as always) I am convinced next year will be different.
We shall see.
This reviewing the year exercise has illustrated a few things to me.
Those things being:
- I take a lot of photos of Gabriel.
- I take many photos of Kyle.
- I take very few photos of me. (the key words there being 'I take' which means the photos I have are myspace beauties from arms length)
- It takes me longer to lose weight than I think it does...
- Much like a small nomadic tribe, we have traveled a fair bit this year.
- We have lived out of suitcases for an annoying length of time.
- I never want to move again.
So here it is. 2011
We lived in Sydney.
I turned ... older.
Stayed with Uncle Hugh and Aunty Dorothy
Art Galleries and Games Workshop
Gabriel learned how to crawl
Packed the house up.
Moved to Rarotonga (via New Zealand).
Went to the beach lots.
Gabe learned how to walk. (ie. the beginning of the end)
Ended our contract in Raro, headed back to Sydney
Gabriel's first (proper) hair cut.
Gabe survived one whole year of us being his parents.
Moved to our own place.
Close to pools, parks, cemeteries and shops (ie. perfect)
Our first Christmas in our own place.
Gabriel's new best friend is Peter Weatherall.
Bring on the new year (after Christmas naturally.)... just maybe skip the part where its my birthday again.