Sunday 29 January 2012

the Sketchbook Project: Limited Edition

Several weeks ago I received my limited edition (one of 5000) sketchbook for the Limited Edition Sketchbook Project.

It still looks just like it did the day I got it...


                                                                                                     ... entirely unmarked.

There was a long list of themes to choose as a starting point to launch from, which is good because no restrictions or guidelines generally means an equally vague and meaningless response from me. That is something I've learned about doing art... I have to give myself some boundaries and guidelines in order to get good work from myself. Anyway. I chose the theme: Distance & Time and I have a bunch of ideas... and at some point they'll be put into the book. I'll let you all know as soon as I do...

I've still done nothing in my own book, but I discovered this awesome video from South African artist Lara Mellon. It's very different from any work that I do, and I love it. Very evocative.
This is one of the reasons why the sketchbook project is fantastic... diversity.

1 comments: