Tuesday 24 January 2012

My recipe book.



Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
- Scott Adams

In an attempt to maintain some kind of creative motivation I have created a recipe book... of art. Using the recipes of others has never made a chef's food any less good (at least not in my opinion) and I think it is perfectly fair to be inspired by the artistic creations of more talented people than myself.

Note that I said inspired. Plagiarism is not okay. Especially if you plan on selling things. Anyway, this is what the guts of my 'recipe book' looks like. Many magazines sacrificed pages in the making of it.
Its essentially just a collection of all the things that I liked out of various magazines and IKEA brochures and things like that, stuck in one place. It's kind of fun attempting to reverse engineer things.

Modern Family has cool art... don't know if anyone else has noticed... but on top of having funny writers and actors, they also have some pretty cool people dressing their sets. Anyway.

Recognise those triangles?



I really want to do a paper cut style map... you can't really make it out, but there is a map of New York there with buildings and trees and people and words and its wonderful. I just have to think of a place that would lend itself to the style. Sydney is epic and sprawling so maybe not... 

Ideas, ideas... 


0 comments:

Post a Comment