Saturday 30 June 2012

Photo a day - July's challenge

A few months ago I attempted (more like attempted to attempt) Fat Mum Slim's photo a day challenge.

Catastophe!  (say it in French, it sounds better)

Instagram stopped uploading images which would sit in a queue and not get uploaded till days later, we went away for a weekend where I had no reception, I got stuck on the day when you had to photograph a time and I just plain old forgot about it until AFTER the time (for about a whole week straight) and then I just thought. "Stuff it. I'm done."

Photography isn't really my thing anyway (*cough* excuse *cough*) and frankly I don't know how many images of my son everyone wants to see. It was a sad reminder that while it often doesn't feel like it, my life isn't always super exciting.

Eg.  "Someone who you spoke to today."
My husband.
My son.
Some days that really is the extent of my spoken communication with others.


"A Stranger"
Umm... The person I saw from my window on the 2nd floor of our building? Does that count?

This month I am doing something a bit different.
I'm taking the lovingly compiled list of themes, and every day I will create some little piece of art inspired by the word of the day.

I'll still take photos, but I think that it will help me more to make something textural and still be involved in what I think is a very inspiring and inspired project/system/thingo...

That's the plan... along with Wednesday Words, I am sure that it will prove challenging...



Lets get crackin'!


1 comments:

  1. Haha! I totally know how you feel. Most days the only people I talk to are my husband and son. I've never done a photo a day for similar reasons, but you've inspired me to give it a go. Maybe I will...

    ReplyDelete