Thursday 26 July 2012

The Art Journal - Page 4 (& 5)

Goals.

So this is a double page spread I suppose. (and the blurriest photo yet)


I think its good to regularly write down and reassess my goals - it helps me track how close (or far away) I am to achieving them.
So this page is about that.

I painted the background, cut the letters out of scrap paper - to use as templates for the nice paper and then just stuck some bits and pieces down. You can cut out a printed font if you aren't too keen on what you come up with free hand.
All the paper I've used so far in this book is much like what I put in the kits for sale on etsy.

Sometimes you don't want just anyone reading the things you write so there are lots of ways to hide your writing. I made a flap to hide my more personal goals behind. The hinge stickers are obviously purpose made, but you can make your own, or just glue down part of the page and fold it over.


What are your goals? What do you want to be when you grow up? (I still don't feel like I have) Write them down!

Some tips:
  • Add another dimension to your page by adding a flap/pocket/envelope for you to hide a message in. 
  • Don't be too precious or perfectionist about your pages (especially when you use paint)

0 comments:

Post a Comment